10/8/13

The Joshua Tree


For Joshua

The Joshua Tree 

He’s a Joshua Tree.
He’s green,
a man with fire in his hands,
a man with a plan,
who can
be who he wants to be.
He’s a Joshua Tree,
green,
sees more than you or me.
He’s a blade of grass,
a hollow reed,
Kick ass.
Bad ass when he wants to be,
but to me he is simply ~
a Joshua tree.
He’s lean.
Only mean when he needs to be.
Other than that,
he is simply ~
a Joshua Tree.
With sheets to the wind,
sailing in,
I lean on him,
he leans on me
and whenever we’re tired
and need to just be
we stand,
feet firm,
in the fire,
burn 
with our hands
where they always will  be,
resting a while,
on the Joshua Tree.
ldn

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Linda...
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're manifesting all the gifts God placed in you..

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley and Leslie...I so, very much appreciate the encouragement and kind words...

    ReplyDelete