11/21/13

Simple girl


I'm a simple girl, really,
not bandaged with cloth turbans
of yesteryears,
worn under stocking hats, 
made to look like Santa Claus in waiting
I'm simple girl, really,
living in the moment,
with scarf tied loosely, overhead, on
one shoulder dropping low against bare skin,
I'm a simple girl, really,
yanked from the mosque at noon
by heavily bearded guards, watching over, Allah's tomb
I'm a simple girl, really,
not bound by time-outs
on green grassy fields, where people play
with hearts, weaving them 
back and  forth, back and forth, back and forth
into centuries of old tapestries
where sublime colors wear burgundy,
black and blue, black and blue, black and blue
brush-stroking my soul, while whistling,
while whistling, while whistling in tune  
I'm a simple girl, really.

ldn 



2 comments:

  1. your pieces take my breath away; I am also a Baha'i; so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. and you dated it on my birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete