4/11/14

11/30








Yesterday

It was a beautiful day yesterday

when clouds became dragons,
elephants
It was hard to stay on the road that day
swerving
rubbernecking blue rimmed cocktails and roosters in the sky
with Nikon waiting patiently 
my willing passenger by my side 
(my lens)
Eagles three - overhead.
I stretched, crooked my neck, swerved again
Flashed back
to the first day, suspended
darks holes, men dressed in white
metal objects, blinding light
space flight gone bad
then home again at last
with soft tissue pressed
against my skin 
mine own, shed
"Go to where you've not gone before, she said,
the ride is yours."
I went 
saw rows and rows of red soldiers shiny bright, mud flats 
their floor,
her bed
then -
the door swung open and there she was
again
arms outstretched I felt her breast against my mouth, red
clouds flowed then formed my mouth
my first breath gone 
I wanted more
She closed the door, then flung it wide 
took her last breath, and died
She's inhaling clouds now 
she took the ride
with my lens by her side
her loyal passenger
.

ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment