6/3/12

I changed My Mind


image: kentchemistry.com


I Changed My Mind

Last time I wrote, I said,
This my last poem
I’m going home,
on a sabbatical
Then,
Oh, radical me!
I lied, didn’t keep my word
You heard?
Inconsistent, but persistent me
Resistant actually to conformity I'll forever and always be
Split me up in a million pieces and I’ll still be center stage
You’ll never change the me in I,
or the heart of the Atom’s nuclei,
no matter how had you try
slice it,
chop it
crop it,
drop it,
or dice it,
I won’t be the same as before
Pin me down,
I’ll spin you around,
open / then close the door,
mess up the sand on your shore, with a wave
because I will always change
You heard?
I lied,
went back on my word
Inconsistent, but persistent me
Resistant actually to conformity I'll forever and always be

ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment