6/2/12

The Lesson



The Lesson

There was this couple sitting behind me this morning, in the Elger Bay Cafe,
She was obese.  He was a grump.
Both sitting like lumps – not looking at each another,
reading their books ~ alone
It saddened me,
but thought – oh well, to each his own
Finally she spoke up,
When will the Benchmarks meet?
Find out for yourself! ~ he snapped back real mean
I almost came out of my seat!
Held tight
I was going to say when I got ready to leave,
Be nice to your wife
She'll be caring for you when you’re sick,
and dying
Then on second thought, what was the use of me trying…
to make it better,
It’s not my life
She’s not my wife
So I kept my big mouth closed,
Shut up when I rose,
and left,
saddened, upset
never to forget,
the lesson I gained,
the morning of June the second,
on a drippy cold day in the rain
still feeling their pain, all the same

ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment