6/6/12

Planet X


photo: lisacatto.worldpress.com


Planet X

So here I am on Planet X,
yackin’ away at strangers
Costco:  Hello
Blank stare – nothin' there
except for me (talkin’ to my self)
Am I crazy or somethin’?
Am I in this world alone?
Honing in now on the shoe shelf – Nice pair a shoes
Again – nothin’
Okay, so everyone’s stressed,
out of touch
I get it
But I’m in the same bloody mess
and I understand. . .
So let’s band together, Fellow Costco Shoppers!
What else can ya do?
Let’s hear it for World Peace, Yeah!
We "are" in the same family (aren’t we?)
Communicate with me. . .
There she is Mrs. Friendly (The Hot Caliente’ Lady)
Actually, I thought all those stainless steel boxes
with the nice people behind them
were serving up samples of Hot Caliente’ – really
Silly me
Hello, Sir How do you do?
Tight lipped, but he almost slipped
I thought I heard a grunt from Mr. Grump
No dice, Lady
Back to Hot Caliente’
Then the next. . .
and the next
Is Life really that complex,
or am I alone
on Planet X ?
ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment