5/16/12

circles and things


collage: the walk yesterday


circles and things

It’s a circle thing,
Found it in a rotting truck in the woods,
on a walk, yesterday
I wish I could have been there when it broke down
I may have seen Concrete Man - Big frown,
cussing
Fussing with the damn thing
Worsening the present situation
Bloody truck! – and more,
then making the call – I quit! This is it!
I swore I wouldn’t investigate further, but I did
Hid behind fenders, shattered glass
Tip toed past sheets, hoods – meddled to the back
Added up license plate numbers – 18
In numerology 18 is a 9
My favorite number
Numbers are my thing, rings, lines,
rhymes and designs
I got lost 
Missed High Road, somehow
Plowed through ditches of trash
What’s this world coming to?
Dirty diapers, cigarette butts – plastic cups
Does anybody else see this stuff – ?
Circles of dandelions, once weeds,
are not weeds to me
Who needs more than this?
I missed my world inside/turned out
the way it used to be
pure, clean
Found a feather ~ played squaw
Saw me – who I am,
in awe I kept going, knowing
It seems odd, sometimes, that I’m here ~ walking
Talking to myself ~ driven to my knees,
buckled, by the sweetness of honeysuckle,
the scent of an ancient lilac ~ now a tree
Intoxicated, I waited, then found
the passage to my once lost, High Road
on a walk, on my way,
on a walk, on my way,
yesterday

ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment