5/20/12

The Gingerbread Man




The Gingerbread Man

Who do you think you are making me into a cookie?
I wasn’t put on this earth to be used,
abused by moms, red hot ovens, and bratty kids, 
which goes for the slobbery smelly one too.
I was born pure.  Not meant for dro-o-o-o-o-l.
I feel like a fool.
Oooops…Mama! Waaaaa - I stepped on him! He’s bent! 
Gimmeee, waaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaa, another one like that!
No problem sweetie, says Mama.
Sweetie, my burnt backside – he’s a brat!
I’m the one who’s sweet – sugar all over my head,
turned into crumbs on Little Brat’s bed.
Here you go sweetie, a bell.  Daddy will bend him back.
Replaced by a bell?  What the hell!  I’m a man!
Back to the Torture Chamber – Daddy’s den.
Pliers again to the head.
You’re okay now, son.
Son!  Think again, Scotch Breath!
Back to the cutting board goes I
Yes!  Mr. Gingerbread Man – I'm the best!
Why, God. . . Why?
I’ll never amount to anything else.
I’m just a bloody cookie cutter - used, abused,
then thrown in a drawer with Santa and his elves,
while my sugared hot self cools on the shelf.
I am what I am – a Gingerbread Man.
Nothing more, nothing less,
than a mess.

ldn




No comments:

Post a Comment