5/22/12

Tahirih (Arabic: طاهره‎ "The Pure One")



Image: dipiction of Tahirih. Source: Huffington Post


TAHIRIH "Taw-ha-deh"

Tahirih, I lost my way,
until in my head ~ in nineteen eighty one* 
blinded by the sun, lying on my bed ~ I heard you,
I saw you,

white flowers ~ your crown, wearing a wedding gown,
waiting to be wed,
you came through to me
in [framed photos] to a place I dare not tread, again
Flash dreams, Three

[You]  [Me]  [Them]
With scarf around my head standing at my door (with child)
in a spell --- I fell / Dead,
at the hands of men I could not see
Then at a table drinking a cup of tea (in a foreign language to me)
women chattered, bells clattered  ~ ~ ~
Translation, by confirmation ~ they said,
Is she the one? Is she the one?
Tahirih!
Tahirih!
Take me in your stead,
O Dawnbreaker of the Sun,
She, who set all women free ~
Tahirih!
Tahirih!
It’s me.

Linda  E. Del Negro ~ 
ldn
*shortly thereafter I found the Baha'i Faith

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/homa-sabet-tavangar/10-bahai-women-everyone-should-know_b_1371029.html

1 comment: