5/28/12

Volcanoes, I Have Two

photo: vulcan.wr.usgs.gov  Mount Rainier


Volcanoes, I Have Two

Active volcanoes, I have two ~ their sister, Saint Helens, blew
Are you ready for the blast ~ the trumpets calling you?
I’ve heard it said that He will return,
peace will reign, the cities will burn,
when Rainier and Baker blow
How do we know?
It’s a prophecy of the Natives here,
passed down through The People for hundreds of years,
where it is inscribed,
on the hearts and souls of the Indian tribes,
in Washington State where eagles fly,
down rivers and streams where clear water flows,
where salmon go ~ ~ ~ then up again,
to lay their eggs ~ then waste away
Are you ready to do the same?
Accept your fate, then let it go?
Feel the joy, accept the pain?
Weather the storm in sunshine and rain?
Peak in July, sleep in the snow,
when Rainier and Baker blow?
Active volcanoes, I have two
One for me and one for you,
Are you ready?
ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment