5/3/12

Rote:



photo: dailymail.co.uk


Rote:

Rote:  a habit learned without full comprehension
Habits are had to break, come easy with lies ~ 
half truths most of the time

By rote: example of doing things by rote:  Every morning he kisses me,
then walks out the door and doesn't miss me
One more sample of - by rote:  She rhymes with nothing in mind
(a lie)
He knows it ~ she’s a poet

Rote:  mechanical routine
Like putting pencil to paper,
scribbling verses without intention
Another lie ~ need I mention?

Rote: a lyre - lute, harp (in part)
The earliest definition (Greek) of rote:  lyrist ~ a lyrical poet
That's me,
I play words in repetition without contrition
I string along broken guitars and hearts
I’ve been told I take things too far            
That’s true for me, and for you (in part)

Rote: the sound of surf breaking the shore
(My favorite definition)
Inscriptions written in sand
on a hand full of poetry unsaved,
crushed by waves
Poets like foam rush back to sea for more
Nothing stays the same ~ you nor I 
or lover’s games
I must explain ~ I wrote love notes
a habit hard to break by rote
Surfing tides with nowhere left to hide inside,
this is my final poem
No more kisses, no more rhymes ~
I’m going home
Goodbye
(another lie)
 
LDN ~ written, and smitten by *Rote

No comments:

Post a Comment