5/4/12

Insanity




image: flavorwire..com

Insanity

This image sort of scared me
And the words:
If you have to read, to cheer yourself up
read biographies of writers who went insane.
I saw no humor in this
just fear
I haven’t gone that far but give me time
I’m on my way
I once wrote a hundred page story, all in rhyme - Danny True
Like me and you stuck in a prison too
That was the year I flew to the moon -
went partially insane when the spaceships came
Now this is reality - the keyboard and me
Light flies off keys making sounds like chickens pecking
Flecking feathers on me, and more
I’m not yet sure what we’re living here for
I hate shopping malls
and make-up
They take up too much time
Of course there's no such a thing as time anyway
Believe what you may
Today I saw a light behind a tree running
I was driving by the woods -  heard humming
As quietly as I could, I drove slowly to see
All I saw was me
No one around - no light, no sound
Frightened a little - feeling not so alone
I came home and wrote another poem
This prison is getting to me
You see…this is not reality
You think it is
But that’s what you’ve been told
By Freud and teachers of old
It’s all in your mind - Father Time
Actually you’re not even the one who thinks  
Believe it or not, reality is not what is seems - it’s a dream
We are the thoughts we steal out of thin air
I swear
Chalk it up to experiences, if you will
I prefer to spill words off loose fingers on black letters
I feel better when I write - more often at night
Drifting in and out of your thoughts (or not)
rather than in my own - alone
Because in truth, I don’t own a thing
Excepts maybe rings around the moon, Jupiter
and dreams of spaceships who came
the day I went insane

Linda (Danny True)

No comments:

Post a Comment