5/25/12

My New Camera, and the Beautiful People


collage: ldn, photos taken today


My New Camera, and the Beautiful People

My new camera and me, walking on logs…sneaking into bogs, risking my life, parking in ditches, and in the middle of the road ~ running across yellow lines, risking everything for one shot at it, one last time, one more chance to see light falling off twigs ~ butterflies in the sky, tripping in the woods.  High on the scent, I went, back to Spirit Ridge ~ took my clippers with me this time, borrowed flowers from vacant places, lilacs, golden chains and the biggest, brightest bundle of chartreuse scotch broom you've ever seen ~ for the bride, and the groom.  Wedding tomorrow.  My God the Bride!  Persian women ~ none prettier. . . ebony hair touches her shoulders, silken skin ~ makes you want to hold her, gently.  All of them ~ Baha’is, my kin. Upright souls ~ stand together, shoulder to shoulder.  Beautiful people from the same place, as Him.  Not from Iran ~ Persia!  My Persia, my homeland ~ I go back to my people, my kin ~ in Him.       Baha’u’llah!

Ya’ Baha’u’ Abha!

ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment