5/12/12

Palms read (red)

 


image: livetowrite1

(inspired by my mother who singlehandedly raised 9 kids)

Palms read (red)

I had my palms read today
You will travel to far off places. . .
Yea, to the laundry room, lady
Many will seek your expertise
Like babies in dirty diapers
You will be noted for your art
The art of lovemaking maybe?
Fat chance - and when?
And, who has time with 6 little kids
Daddy Bad Boy on the skids
Gambling man, Trucker Two Timer
My other job -  The Gumbo Diner
He’s a whiner
I’ve been on the road foreverrrrrrrrrrr
Yea, forever like me going to bed at two a.m.
Sleeping three hours, then up again
Cook mush, clean up the mess
Run to the store for more (or less)
By the way they bounced your check
Three kids are sick
Waaaaaaaaaa- - - I hate peanut butter and jam
Damn
Do the laundry with cheap soap
I had hopes and dreams, yunno
Nothing extravagant
A pretty house to rent
A birthday card sent
Mama fall guy carries the load
For a two timing man – trucker on the road

LDN

No comments:

Post a Comment