5/7/12

Pray


photo: from a friend


Pray

You pray
I pray
We all pray
I don’t know what else to say
Rips at my heart, tears it in two
Are you torn too, like me?
Everyone should be
We are many souls in one body
There is only one, you know
Wear it feathered
Leather it for protection
There is a section of the population,
Sacrificing
Others ~ icing on the cake
Enticing isn’t it?
Licking it off the top
When the bottom’s about ready to drop
Stop
We can’t do this anymore
Eat the outer shell to the center ~ the core
Let it rot ~ want more
We’re killing it
Spilling it
Spitting our excess over the edge
I pledge allegiance to the flag
Tag - we're it
Let's stick together
One family forever
The Earth is the country all humans live in
Someone has got to give in
Looks like it’s them ~
The children ~ the core
Pray more
I pray
You pray
We all pray
I don’t know what else to say

LDN

No comments:

Post a Comment