4/20/12

Back to Santa Barbara

photo source:
http://www.independent.com/news/2009/nov/05/henry-bergmann-volleyball-legend-took-his-own-life/

Back To Santa Barbara*
(My Tribute to Henry Bergmann, 1944~2009)

I want to fly to Santa Barbara to see old friends
Not through detours,
to New York ~~ Alabama ~~ then back
(not to where I came from)
A slum of a mess, depressed
You guess the rest
It was Santa Barbara, never the less
Where purple trees bloom
Where Palms swoon over
Beach Rats wearing next to nothing
The Pit – Not, It
East Beach where white balls play
Staring down positions
Submissions facing off white squares
sun blinded by caramelized skin,
strolling down State
I don’t want to wait
I want to be where white balls attack
I'll never forget
Sitting on tan sand, beaching
Reaching, then saving
Running down waves

I want to go intact,
not through nets of detours
to New York ~~ Alabama ~~ then back

LDN

*(derived from Last Night’s Dream - never arriving in S.B.)

No comments:

Post a Comment