4/19/12

THE DOORS

Lyrics from - The Best Of The Doors

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



After a string of poems this morning
I jumped in my car
It was raining out,
slammed the door,
my pedal to the floor
BASS HIGH
FULL VOLUME

THE DOORS


Riders on the storm ~
into this house we’re born
and people are strange
Faces look ugly when you’re alone
Hello, I love you,
won’t you tell me your name
Hello I love you let me jump in your game
Love me two times, Babe
Love me twice today
Love me two times, Girl,
I’m going away
Break on through to the other side
Can you still recall the time we cried
Can’t you see that I am not afraid
I found an island in your arms
on the Crystal Ship
When the music’s over
turn out the light
and light my fire
Touch me five to one
Come on Baby, light my fire
until our love becomes a funeral fire,
then before you slip into unconscious
let me have another kiss
Try to set the night on fire
and break on through to the other side
Into this world we're thrown
like a dog without a bone
Let your children play
and keep your eyes on the road,
your hands upon the wheel,
with poetry in you eyes
What was that promise that you made ~
until the stars fall from the sky for you and I
I’m gonna love you until the heaven stops the rain,
L.A. Woman
Music is your only friend until the end
This is the end, my friend
The End
(Then, I had to turn around and come home because I left my purse behind)
There’s a killer on the road

LDN

No comments:

Post a Comment