4/30/12

My Last Day



In commemoration of National Poetry Month ~ April first through April thirtieth

Dedicated to Mr. Gardner
http://djmistergardner.blogspot.com/


The Last Day
 
This is the last day of my life
as a challenged poet
I know it (now you do too)
I’ve not been bored
Have you?
I wore A-s and E-s on fingertips
Indexes (no more)
Okay, I admit, I hunt and peck
but what the heck ~ it’s worked for me
Poems (besides this one) ~ 73
I was challenged by my nephew, Mr. Gardner,
Teacher.  Poet.
He may not know it, but I bet he's sorry now
His monster created
(Monster is understated)
I sometimes overrated my pen
and the position I thought I was in
I berated myself ~ “No one will understand my hand or heart”
The part that twins me ~ and wins me over
to you
Eleven countries shared in this process
Views ~ thirty five hundred and seventy two
You're in this too, Baby
Complexity unyielding
Maybe
Whittling words in baskets,
woven loosely with strings of thoughts and things,
some stuff fell out of brain gaps
that should have been left inside
to die, perhaps
My therapist says I'm complex
or convex (one or the other)
It's all the same to me ~ so I’ll let it be
I know I don't walk a straight line (all the time)
Index fingers, flat on top
like crops of tulips lopped
Tulip Festival is ending by the way
along with my back bending ~ now in a crooked stay
suiting me all the same
on keyboards of dreams,
fantasizing joy and pain
Translating A-s and E-s
Tantalizing my brain with verses and rhymes
Forgive me, please ~
one more time

LDN  aka Aaron's Aunt

No comments:

Post a Comment