4/8/12

The Diary

photo: dailyinterestingfacts.com

(Anneke-pronounced: Onna-kay)

I was her mother once
(In a play)
Theatre set in in Holland
Secret annex
Upstairs,
(dark ones)
with Otto, Anne
and others.
She fell in love
One time
Last time
My pastime, knitting
Fretting
Needle forgetting
I was a Jew
like you
until sent
to camp.
I never saw her
or Otto
(for that matter)
again.
Starving
Exterminated
by Them!
Obliterated.
But then…
I remember
her ~
the pitter-patter of feet
(Quiet Anneke, we’ll be heard -
Shhhhhh, not a word, don't speak!)
From the day they came, our secret - Out.
Our home raided.
Today,
everyone knows
from the pages in her diary
she hid under her bed.
She will be quoted and noted forever
but never will I be her mother
Occupied
Preoccupied in my knitting basket
in the annex upstairs.
And when?
My Lord, will I see,
my Annake again?


LDN

Despite everything,
I believe that people are really good at heart.” - Anne Frank

An excert from the Diary of Anne Frank:

Mrs. Frank (reading). “I lift up mine eyes unto the mountains, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved. He that keepeth thee will not slumber. He that keepeth Israel doth neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper. The Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall keep thee from all evil. He shall keep thy soul. The Lord shall guard thy going out and thy coming in, from this time forth and forevermore.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment