4/29/12

Buddha in a Bag

image: funnytimes.com


Buddha in a Bag

Buddha in a bag
Small, Medium, or Large?
Merchandising God
Magazine-ing Eastern thought on the drugstore shelf ~
$ 4.99 – “Think For Yourself”
I say it’s a pity,
and it’s not like Jesus was born in Wichita Kansas,
or came from New York City
It’s a new age thing for the 21st Century patient
It's not new ~ it’s ancient
Maybe it's a mystery, and I’m not good at history
but it’s gotta be thousands of years
which brings me to crucifixes hanging from rearview mirrors,
sold and bought
Great Buys! Half off!
What’s gotten into you people?
Once sacred ~ covered by a steeple
is baby Jesus who Mary bore ~ sold in a Dollar Store!
Plastic wrapping Jesus ~ stacking Him in bins
China’s commerce is wearing thin
on me
I’m not prophysizing but India’s rising too
I’ve already been born again,
Thank you
Who do you think you are, prophet-ing
(Pun intended, of course)
Worse!
Krishna on a tin can of incense
I'm insensed
Who do you think I am?
and who said God was a man anyway?
Well, someone’s gotta pay,
for chocolate fish at Easter time sold at the five and dime
Not me
I’ve got my own philosophy,
and it doesn’t include (and I don’t mean to sound rude)
Brass bells and Gongs, calling sheep in throngs
to orange pocket Bibles at middle schools
Knock it off!
Kids Rule!
They need to think on their own
They’re not half grown for God’s sake
Give them a break
And maybe you wanna stop baptizing babies in dirty water
It’s an insult to the Father,
and the Son,
Who are actually One…okay I won’t get into that right now
But if you want a lesson on how,
and why Prophets came,
investigate truth for yourself,
not on a drugstore shelf,
By the way,
have you read the Koran?
or seen a photo of Muhammad framed?
No,
and I’m not using Muhammad's name in vain ~
just making a point, hoping to be heard,
just spreading the word
that Buddha in the back yard wouldn’t really like it if He returned,
Came back
and saw us praising His image, false gods, and all that ~ 
the ones who came from the East, at least
and I say it’s a pity
It's not like Jesus was born in Wichita, Kansas,
or came from New York City

ldn

No comments:

Post a Comment