4/7/12

For Bud

For Bud

I loved him then
I love him still
Rocks on his shoulders, wind on his sill
He told me things I dare not tell,
so I tossed them in the wishing well
along with the pain that came
when I was out of the game,
but not from his heart
I knew it
Call me intuit
So was he
He saw the light we could not see
and told me things I dare not tell,
so I tossed them in the wishing well
I think sometimes about his concerns
and how his family yearns, for him
His wisdom still,
the rocks on his shoulders, the wind on his sill
So forever and often when I think of him,
and what I lost - I toss
What I’ve always known
that in his soul he loves me too
with rocks on his shoulders, wind on his sill,
in the wishing well

I love you, Bud.
Linda

LDN

2 comments:

  1. I love the chorus in this poem:
    "Rocks on his shoulders
    Wind on his sill"

    It gives me the image of this man, burdened by life, just taking off in a corvette or some other kind of muscle car - the wind whipping up through the sill of the door. Ahhh, freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He collected cars - after he passed, they were auctioned - a HUGE ONE - like him.

    ReplyDelete