4/19/12

Cat Trapped

Cat Trapped

It’s not hard to figure out if you give it enough thought
If you trap a cat – the cat is caught
If it runs away – it is not
We trapped one the other day – Mr. Gray
The Menace
Last week I took my Cat Census
One, Two, Three
One, not mine
One, who steals Two’s food most of the time
Pees on our door
Creeps low to the floor
Yells, AW - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
One's in! - Two bristle
Slap each other, not Him
So I took my position
One cat’s omission
Rent a cat trap
I did
Two cats hid
One did not
[Cat trapped]
Took him to the shelter - We can’t take him
What!
I go helter-skelter
My heart is racing
Cat is pacing
He’s feral, Ma’am
There are other places (if you’re willing to drive)
Called from my cell
Two Choices
Drive and Euthanize
Or take him home and let him roam
I chose the latter
It’s not hard to figure out if you give it enough thought
If you trap a cat - the cat is caught
If you let it go - it is not
When I took the empty cat trap back
I let them have it – and more . . .
Why do you rent traps for cats?
and I’ll have you know I took him back
To Breed?
This is all I need!
We rent them to people to trap their own cats - and raccoons
With brows twisted,
the next retort I resisted
I drove home and wondered,
where do raccoons go after they’re caught,
to Raccoon Homes
Or are they shot by the Trapper –
who later returns cages
with bars bent from time spent
[Trapped]
Shoot! Ma’am, I did not catch the Whippersnapper
Like the cat I caught who now is not
Who roams
AW - OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
at home


LDN

No comments:

Post a Comment