4/21/12

Ken and Me

photo: Ridvan (Riz-Von) Celebration*1 ~ 168 B.E. (Baha'i Era)


Ken and Me

Spiritual Father and Spiritual Daughter
By the sea
He taught me,
Baha’i (Ba-ha-ee)
I’m forever grateful to him
Nineteen eighty one
Basking in the Sun
I called him by phone
He answered, Hello
(What do you know?)
Hello?
(Who is God?)
A mountain, a tree…
Under my breath, (Your God’s for me)
I can hear him contemplating,

I'm thinking this time (Your move, Big Guy)
Reiterating…do you want to know more?
(Sure)
Address please, I’ll send it by mail
(Well!)
Feeling trapped - about to hang up
Hello?
(1315 Cedar Lane)
Information came the very next day
Talk about air mail
(Well!)
I read it – declared
Scared
Met Mister and Mrs.
(I’m a Baha’i, now what do I do?)
They stare at each other
I hear Mrs. whisper to Mister (my new Brother)
You did the last one – let me do her
Scared again, I’m thinking (DO ME?)
You…..uh…..sign…
Mister (downhearted) whispers to Mrs. `o…………kay'
She kinda looks like my sister in a way
(Sign what?)
A declaration card
I let down my guard
(Whatever it takes – I’m in)
The day I declared my Faith in Baha’u’llah (Ba-ha-o-law)
January twenty first, Nineteen eighty one
Basking by the Sun

LDN

*1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridv%C3%A1n

No comments:

Post a Comment