4/16/12

The Mystery of Family History

photo: A. P. Vincenti





The Mystery of Family History

I have a history with my sisters and brothers
It goes beyond words scribbled from my pen
I hate to think our only commonality is the connection we have with our mother
It pains me to know this may be true, with one - or the other
I share cherished selections of poetry because I care about memories, past
and the last time we spent with, Mom
as I stare out my window, chin on the sill, undercover with her sunglasses on
still wishing the child within the woman grown would not feel so alone
I should have known
but I know who (I am)
Gullible, naïve, with nothing up my sleeve
I have no agenda
No ulterior motive
My poetry is a bare necessity for my soul’s expression
I have learned my lesson
Finally
Not kindly, but all the same…
that sometimes the only commonality I have with my siblings is our name
So I suffer
With our mother
Today

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment